Saturday, 4 February 2017


At last I have managed to get back to this reduction lino cut of 'Snowdrops'.
It's been sat on the side for nearly three months while I messed about with new painting ideas. 

'Snowdrops' ready for the press
I had already put down cool blues and greys for shadows on the flowers and three shades of yellow so today was all about getting yet another darker yellow before I start the many shades of green that I'm planning next.

Getting the right yellow
And here's how it turned out. Suddenly the stalks are coming to life. Maybe just a little tweek with a light shadow before I move on to the next stage.....

'Snowdrops' Layer 6

No comments:

Post a Comment